The Ledger app for smartphones has been talked about for a long time and finally, it is available for Android (7+) and iOS (9+) phones.
Unfortunately, the application (for now) is intended for the new version of Ledger Nano X, which supports Bluetooth. This does not mean that you will not be able to use it with other company products.
The Ledger Nano S, in the future, will be supported by a mobile application using an OTG cable (USB adapter). However, only on Android phones. Due to the impossible technicalities, you will never be able to do so on your iOS phone.
Currently, we only have the possibility to observe our portfolio using the application, after scanning the QR code from the desktop version of the application. If you want to be able to monitor your wallet (account) status on an ongoing basis, follow the steps below.
I will present the configuration for Android phones, but on iOS it looks similar. The first thing we need to do is to download the official Ledger application from the Play store.
- After the installation, launch, and welcome by the application, click “Get started”.
- Select our device.
- Click “Import desktop accounts”.
- At this point, we need to go for a moment to the desktop application (i.e. the one on the desktop computer). Go to “Settings”. (right-hand sprocket in the top right-hand corner of the screen), then in “Export Accounts” and click “Export”. You should see the QR code on your computer screen.
- Back to the mobile app. Click “Scan QR code” and scan the code from the computer screen.
- Then select the accounts that you want to observe on the application and go on.
- In this step, we can set the password for the application, but we do not need to click “Skip”, or “Skip” in the corner of the screen.
- 8th The last step: just like in a desktop application, analytics and error reporting, uncheck or mark and move on.
- Well done, the application is ready for use!
- Use the apps, watch and download your public addresses. Unfortunately, we will have to wait a little longer for Ledger Nano S to support the mobile application.